Government Mechanical Contractor
SBA 8(a) Sole Source Benefits To Our Federal Government Clients
The Small Business Administration (SBA) 8(a) Sole Source vehicle enables government agencies to engage in direct buy contracts with 8(a) certified contractors. Brothers Mechanical Services® 8(a) and SDB business development certification is active and valid through December 2022.
Section 8(a) of the Small Business Act as amended by Congress, created the 8(a) business development program. This program enables SBA to assist small disadvantaged firms to develop their businesses. In applying to the program, a firm is rigorously evaluated on its ownership, operations, financial health, and past performance. Once accepted, the firm is required to provide SBA with a detailed business plan and annually show continued success as a viable, strong business entity. Firms that are approved are certified by the SBA for a period of nine years. The SBA has signed Memorandums of Understanding (MOUs) with Federal Agencies allowing them to contract directly with certified 8(a) firms. Participants can receive sole-source contracts, up to a ceiling of $4.5 million for goods and services, and $6.5M for manufacturing.
Program Manager Benefits:
The 8(a) sole source vehicle provides agencies with a simplified and shortened acquisition procedure:
- Greatly reduced cycle time: the time required to award an 8(a) sole-source contract has been dramatically reduced and can be accomplished in a few weeks.
- Lowered administrative costs: procurement process costs associated with a lengthy contracting process are reduced to a minimum.
- Best price value: your contracting agency negotiates with Brothers Mechanical Services directly to get the best value.
- Your organization receives small business credit for promoting small business participation.
- Contracts can be initiated with a simple high-level statement of work.
- There is no protest process that could delay the start of needed work.
- Your organization is assured of getting the company you want, know, and trust to conduct the work.
Simple Steps to Establish 8(a) Sole Source Contracts with Brothers Mechanical Services®.
- The Government program manager or interested party develops a statement of work, prepares a government estimate, and obtains the necessary funding.
- The Government program manager or interested party chooses Brothers Mechanical Services to perform the work and submits a procurement request to your contracting officer.
- The agency contracting officer prepares and submits an “Offer Letter” to Brothers Mechanical Services® SBA Business Development Specialist.
- SBA processes the Offer Letter and returns it to the agency contracting officer who submits the Statement of Work and Request for Proposal or Quotation to Brothers Mechanical Services.
- Brothers Mechanical Services submits the proposal which is evaluated and negotiated (if necessary) by the contracting agency.
- The contract is awarded to Brothers Mechanical Services.
The Liebert DSE high-efficiency precision cooling system from Emerson Network Power combines the industry’s highest efficiency operation – up to 70% more efficient than alternative thermal management technologies – with the reliability and local expertise associated with Liebert products.